The hardwood floors at our North Chapel Hill apartments look luxurious and elegant. At least this is the case when they are properly taken care of and protected. Make note of the following tips to protect your floors from scratches by using felt pads.
- Choose which type of felt pad you’d like to use: self-adhesive or tap in. Select the size and thickness that best suits your needs.
- Place the piece of furniture on it’s side and clean the area, using a dry cloth, where you will be applying the foam pad. If you find any sort of buildup where you’ll be applying the foam pad, clean it with soap and water.
- If you’re using an adhesive pad, peel the back off the foam pad, press it firmly on to the furniture and hold it for 10 seconds to seal it. If you’re using a tap in pad, lightly tap it with a hammer.
Felt pads should be used on furniture that is frequently moved around, such as stools and chairs.
Searching for apartments in North Chapel Hill with hardwood floors? If so, please reach out to us for details about our housing community and all of our luxurious amenities.
The obesity epidemic in the United States drains financial resources and cripples the lives of children. The ReCYCLEry offers one of the most unique volunteer opportunities in Chapel Hill as it promotes healthier lifestyles.
More than 15 years ago a group of bicycle lovers came together with a vision in mind: to help people in the community learn to repair and care for their bikes. In that time the organization has grown to service hundreds of bikes and change the lives of countless people.
ReCYCLEry gives kids a reason to get off the couch or away from the computer and pursue a more active lifestyle. The center is a safe place for the kids to hang out, learn new skills, explore their creativity by creating their own bikes from scratch, and pick up a new hobby.
In addition, ReCYCLEry raises money and uses discarded bike parts to donate bicycles to families in need. To date, more than 200 bikes have been given away.
Volunteer opportunities are available for people of all skill levels, so don’t be afraid to contact ReCYCLEry today.
At our apartments there is always enough room to keep your own bike safe. Contact us to learn more.
One of the reasons why exercise plans fail is that many people mean well, but jump into an exercise regimen unprepared. You will need to make sure that you have both the physical ability and emotional readiness to begin exercising.
Consult Your Doctor
- If you haven’t exercised in awhile, you might need to see a doctor to make sure that you are healthy enough to exercise. Then, you will want to think about which exercises you might find most enjoyable.
Find Someone to Encourage You
- You will need a buddy who can provide you with emotional support. Think about which of your friends or family members would be the most likely to encourage you. Then, reveal your exercise goals to him or her.
Visit a Fitness Center
- Once you are ready to get started, find a local gym or you could stop by our fitness center provided to our apartment residents.
If you’re searching for apartments in Chapel Hill with fitness center, our luxury community could be your new home. Contact us for more information.
There’s no greater joy than the feeling of losing yourself in laughter. Being bale to genuinely laugh is something many of us take for granted. Luckily, there are plenty of amazing upcoming festivals in Chapel Hill that are sure to put you in stitches. The biggest one, will be the NC Comedy Arts Festival!
Held in Chapel Hill, the NC Comedy Arts Festival is undoubtedly the biggest the largest comedy festival in the south.
From Feb. 3 until Feb. 15 this festival will attract visitors from all around as they prepare for an exciting spectacle full of huge names in comedy from all across America.
You won’t want to miss out on one of the biggest festivals in Chapel Hill. The NC Comedy Arts Festival will feature performances, workshops, rap battles, contests, master classes, and tons of special events popping up throughout the duration of the festival.
Whether you want to get out of your apartment to watch some comedy, or perhaps take a few classes from seasoned comedians on how to crack up a crowd, there are plenty of reasons why you should check out the NC Comedy Arts Festival
For more information on our apartment homes, please contact us.
You want to do your part by joining the trend of people going green. There are a few green apartment living tips you can make use of to help you on your endeavor to help protect the environment.
Resolve to go green in your North Chapel Hill apartments with these tips.
- Recycle items that are recyclable. Things like cans, plastic, cardboard and paper can all be recycled and do not have to go in the trash.
- Purchase eco-friendly light bulbs for your apartments. It only takes a few minute to change a light bulb and the use you get out of these light bulbs is worth every minute of time to change them.
- Turn off all appliances and lights that you aren’t using. Leaving things on all the time are both more costly to you and use up more energy. By shutting things off you can save on energy and your costs.
You can go green at your apartments with these green apartment living tips. You will enjoy knowing you are doing your part for the environment. Share your eco-friendly ideas with your neighbors on our Facebook page.
If you have any questions about joining our luxury North Chapel Hill apartments, contact us today.
Whether you want to enjoy a champagne toast at midnight or enjoy a delicious meal before you head out to kick up your heels at a party, you should definitely put Lantern on your list of places to go on New Year’s Eve.
This award-winning restaurant has been named one of the country’s top fifty restaurants by Gourmet, and has also received accolades such as the James Beard Award for Best Chef in the Southeast.
Lantern offers two excellent Nevada-produced champagnes on their wine list, a white and pale rose. Either one would be perfect for sipping as the year rolls slowly to a close and you celebrate the incoming new year.
Their dinner menu features several items that are locally raised or harvested, such as wild shrimp, pasture-raised pork, Columbia River King salmon, and North Carolina flounder and sturgeon.
In addition to mouth-watering appetizers and entrees, Lantern also has a great dessert menu to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Tell us about your favorite restaurants in Chapel Hill with a post on our Facebook page. Find out more about the features and amenities of our North Chapel Hill apartments or set up a tour of our community when you contact our leasing team today.
One of the divine holiday events in Chapel Hill is coming up soon. The Holiday House Tour will once again let you get an inside look at some of Laurel Hill’s most magnificent houses, all decked out in their holiday finery.
Seven homes are on the list this year, and it includes homes on both Buttons Road and Laurel Hill Road. The tour will be on December 14th from noon to 4 pm and December 15th from 1 pm to 5 pm. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Organizers have arranged for a shuttle to run between different parking options so the neighborhood is not overrun.
This neighborhood, also known as Rocky Ridge Farm National Historic District, was developed from land owned by William Coker, a famed leader in neighborhood and road design. Coker helped build the UNC botany department and helped create its arboretum in 1903. As he sold the land off, he placed covenants on it to ensure the neighborhood would not be too crowded and houses would have some uniformity.
The homes built in the area during this period were either vernacular cottage-style or Colonial Revival-style of the 20’s and 30’s. Later, the architecture became more modern, using the Colonial Ranch- and mid-Century Modern-style. The tour is a fantastic opportunity to see these styles up close, take in some beautiful decorating, and enjoy the holiday spirit.
So get your ticket early and plan on going to one of the best events in Chapel Hill, the Holiday House Tour.
If you want to know more about another gorgeous neighborhood, contact us and take a tour of our luxury community in North Chapel Hill.
Tags: attractions in Chapel Hill NC, events in Chapel Hill NC, holiday events in Chapel Hill NC, luxury pet-friendly apartments in Chapel Hill NC, things to do in Chapel Hill NC, tours in Chapel Hill NC
The holidays should be a fun and festive time for your family at our pet-friendly apartments in North Chapel Hill, and that includes every member of your family, even your furry friends and loyal companions.
It’s also a time for preparing and enjoying delicious meals, but you should be cautious about sharing your “people” food with your animal companions. While pets love to have a treat off your plate, pets should be fed a diet that consists of foods designed for them.
Rather than tossing the Thanksgiving table scraps into your dog’s bowl after your family has eaten, you can let your pet enjoy the holidays by getting him a mix of Thanksgiving-inspired treats. Many pet stores and other retailers offer turkey-based snacks and other items that your pet can enjoy while you and your family are enjoying your own holiday feast.
Do you have special treats you share with your pet during the holidays? Let your apartment neighbors know about them, and recommend the items that your pet loves best.
To learn more about our North Chapel Hill apartments or to arrange a tour of our luxury community, send us a message today.
Tags: pet services in North Chapel Hill NC, pet-friendly apartments in North Chapel Hill, pet-friendly apartments in North Chapel Hill NC, shopping in North Chapel Hill NC, things to do in North Chapel Hill NC
Perhaps you’re looking for fun yet educational events in Chapel Hill that are appropriate for your children. If that’s the case, Morehead Planetarium might have just the event for you and your family.
Get ready to explore astronomy themes with your children between the ages of 7 and 12 at this great family-friendly event. This is also an excellent outing for a 4-H group, girl scout or boy scout troop, and so forth. However, please note that a parent must attend with each child.
The fee is only $5 per person and only $4 per person if you’re a member of Morehead Planetarium.
For groups of 15 or more, you can also schedule a private show. This show must occur on a date between one week prior to the public show to one week after the public show. Private pricing will apply.
Of the many events in Chapel Hill, you do not want to miss out on Native American Skies. Make sure to register to attend this event today!
Are you looking for an apartment for rent in Chapel Hill? If so, please contact us for details about our multi-family housing community and all of our wonderful amenities.
Tags: attractions in Chapel Hill NC, Chapel Hill apartments near Morehead Planetarium, events in Chapel Hill NC, family-friendly things to do in Chapel Hill NC, museums in Chapel Hill NC, things to do in Chapel Hill NC
We offer luxury and comfort year-round, but our North Chapel Hill apartments with fire pit are perfect for Halloween. What’s better than a flame and a spooky ghost story?
If you want your ghost story to be the pinnacle of the night, you need to plan ahead:
- The first step is to choose the perfect title for your audience. If you plan a party with children present, a rendition of the “The Tale of the Three Brothers” from Harry Potter might be the right choice.
- For thrill-seeking adults, urban legend “Don’t Turn on the Light” will undoubtedly add a bit of excitement and flair to your Halloween party.
- Once you have your story, don’t forget about visual and vocal effects. Set up a Halloween atmosphere with dimmed lighting (candles in carved pumpkins are an excellent choice) and spooky, low-volume music playing in the background.
- Above all, make sure that the narrator you choose can add some mysterious voice effects.
Delicious campfire snacks are another crucial part of the perfect Halloween party at our North Chapel Hill apartments with fire pit:
- You can go with Strawberry and Chocolate S’mores. Place slices of strawberry, roasted marshmallow, and dark chocolate between Graham cracker to turn a classic campfire treat into a mouthwatering dessert.
- You want unique snacks but don’t like juicy fruit? Replace slices of strawberry with banana and dark chocolate with peanut butter or Nutella to treat your guests with Nutty Banana S’mores.
- If you aim for extra-sweet campfire snacks, go with the perfect combination of sweet roasted marshmallow and salty peanut butter packed between bittersweet chocolate to create Chocolate and Peanut Butter S’mores.
If you don’t have access to fire pit area yet, contact us and rent the perfect home for your perfect Halloween party today!
Tags: apartments with fire pit in Chapel Hill NC, apartments with fire pit in North Chapel Hill, luxury apartments in North Chapel Hill, luxury apartments with fire pit in Chapel Hill NC, luxury apartments with fire pit in North Chapel Hill, luxury pet-friendly apartments in North Chapel Hill